Once you've purchased Mozy Backup, you'll receive an email entitled "About your order for Mozy Backup". This email includes your product key (necessary for activating your licence).
Download the Mozy Backup client
- Go to the Download page.
- Select the Windows / Mac client and download it onto the device you want to back up.
Install the Mozy Backup client
- Open the file you've downloaded - you'll be taken through Mozy Backup Setup Wizard.
- As part of the installation journey, you'll need to enter your product key and your email address (the address to which you've received your "About your order for Mozy Backup" email).
- You will then be prompted to create a password. You will need to enter this password every time you want to restore files.
- The client will then be installed onto your Windows / Mac device.
Choose your encryption method and set up your initial back-up settings
- Before completing the installation process, the setup wizard will offer you to choose your encryption method.
- Two encryption methods are available:
- 448-bit Blowfish encryption (selected by default)
- Personal Key (256-bit AES encryption)
We strongly recommend you to read more details about both encryption methods before proceeding to the next step.
- You will then be invited to choose which files / folders you want to back-up. A pre-selection will be offered by default within the Windows setup wizard. Don't worry if you've not selected all folders you want at this stage, you'll be able to amend this selection at any point.
- Once you've completed this journey, your Mozy Backup service will be up and running onto your device.
The very first back-up of your system can take a very long time. This is because there could be a large number of files to upload to Mozy servers.
Optional: Amend your device storage quota
As you've purchased a specific back-up storage space with Mozy Backup, you'll need to define which proportion of this space is allocated to each device. Follow the steps here to amend the allocation to your computer / server estate.