If you signed up to a BT Business Solo plan after 16 January 2017, or a BT Business SIM-only after the 10 April 2017, you agreed that you will be opted out of the €50 spend cap and alerts. This is because your plan has inclusive data to use in the UK and EU.
You can opt back into the cap and alert at any time but need to be aware of what this means for your plan.
What does this mean?
By being opted out of the data spend cap:
- Your usage in the EU will no longer be capped at €50 (1082.43MB)
- Your usage in the rest of the world will also not be capped at €50
- You will not receive any usage alerts when roaming in the EU and Rest of World (data in the rest of the world is charged at £4 per MB)
What happens if I opt back into the spend cap?
- Your data usage in the EU will be capped at 1082.43MB (this is the equivalent of €50 chargeable usage) regardless of how much inclusive EU data you have available on your plan
- We will alert you whilst roaming in the EU and Rest of World when you reach 80% and 100% of the spend cap
How do I opt back in to the spend cap?
Just call the appropriate helpdesk:
- Customers with more than 100 BT Business Mobile phones 0800 085 8754
- All other business customers please use the Contact us button near the bottom of this page