If you're running your own web server you can point your BT Business Connect hosted domain name to it via the Domain Maintenance page.
Simply follow these steps:
- Sign in to Manage service as the primary user of the account.
- In the Domains section, click on the Manage your domain name. The BT Domains Centre opens with the Domain Maintenance page.
- Click on manage next to the domain name you wish to alter (all of your BT Business Domain Names will be listed here).
- Select Advanced Domain Manager from the left hand menu.
- In the first available drop down, under Type, select A.
- In the Key field add www.
- In the Value field enter the IP address of your webserver.
- Select the Delete option on your existing 'www' and 'ftp' settings.
- Click Save to finalise the change.
DNS changes made to your domain undergo a short propagation period. We'll send an email to your Primary User address confirming your changes.
Note: incorrect DNS settings can result in the complete loss of email or your website.
If you would like us to make the changes for you, please get in touch. You'll find our contact details by clicking on the 'Contact us' link on this page.