Note: BT use two different types of telephone exchange to provide the Featureline service, System X and System Y. You need to know this when using the following troubleshooter.
If you are in any doubt as to which exchange type you are on, please lift the handset and dial *#001#.
If the message you receive begins with the word "Sorry", you are on a System Y exchange.
- (X Only) Unable to divert a Hunt Group extension DID number
- (X & Y) Unable to set or use features
- (X & Y) Unable to cancel feature
- (X & Y) Unable to call extension internally
- (X & Y) Unable to transfer call
- (X & Y) Unable to transfer call using Call Waiting or Call Pick Up
- (X & Y) One way transmission when using call transfer
- (X & Y) Incoming calls ring wrong extension
- (X & Y) Incoming call to Hunt Group gives 'ring tone no reply'
- (X only) Internal call to Hunt Group extension number returns Busy Tone
- (X Only) Unable to invoke divert on System X
- (X & Y) Unable to invoke divert to an External number
- (X Only) System X Hunt Group diversion not diverting internal callers
- (X Only) Unable to divert Hunt Group to internal extension number
- (X Only) All incoming Hunt Group calls ring one extension on System X
- (X Only) System X Hunt Group Call Queuing not working
- (X & Y) Unable to use Call Pick-Up (*52#)
- (X only) Ring Back not working
- (X & Y) Call Offer not working
- (X & Y) Call Waiting not working
- (X only) Call Diversion and Hunt Group Do Not Disturb no longer provide interrupted dial tone
2. (X & Y) Unable to set or use features
This could be because your telephone is not set to tone dialling and timed break recall. The line you are using may not be a Featureline. If only some Features are affected check the user guide for the differences of the serving exchange.
3. (X & Y) Unable to cancel feature
Is the Featureline connected to Customer Network Access Equipment (Smart Box etc)? Some versions of this equipment may block ‘#’ when dialled as a leading digit. This is often reported as unable to cancel divert.
e.g. Set divert all calls *21* 9 tel number # is allowed because # is not a leading digit.
Cancel divert all calls #21# is not allowed because # is a leading digit.
Please consult your User Guide for further advice.
4. (X & Y) Unable to call extension internally
Ensure that you have the correct extension number and that Divert is not active. Also check that the Hunt Group DND are active and check that the extension is on the same Business Group.
6. (X & Y) Unable to transfer call using Call Waiting or Call Pick Up
If a call is answered using Call Pick Up or Call Waiting whilst engaged on another call, it will not be possible to use the transfer facility. It will be possible to toggle between the two calls by pressing Recall - 2, but in order to transfer, one of the calls will have to be cleared.
7. (X & Y) One way transmission when using call transfer
Is the Featureline connected to the Customer Network Access Equipment (Smart Box etc).
Some versions of this equipment may block the outgoing transmission path when recall is used. Please contact your supplier for advice.
9. (X & Y) Incoming call to Hunt Group gives 'ring tone no reply'
this may be because the Hunt Group call has been presented to an unmanned Hunt Group extension. If so, invoke Do Not Disturb (*261#) at the extension to overcome problem.
11. (X Only) Unable to invoke divert on System X
You could be using the wrong divert codes. If the extension is not a Hunt Group member, the 2 digit Call Diversion codes are used. If the extension user is a Hunt Group member, the 3 digit Hunt Group Diversion codes are used.
15. (X Only) All incoming Hunt Group calls ring one extension on System X
You cannot set the hunt group divert to the extension your using to set the facility - you need to go to another hunt group extension.
16. (X Only) System X Hunt Group Call Queuing not working
A member of Hunt Group has diverted Hunt Group to an extension in Business Group (using internal extension number). This is a useful feature for applying a night busy facility for connection to an answering machine.
19. (X & Y) Call Offer not working
Call Offer will not operate if the user has a call in hold. You can use Transfer To Busy (System X or Y) or Call Offer Predetermined (System X only) as alternatives.
20. (X & Y) Call Waiting not working
Call Waiting is provided NON-ACTIVE on Feature Line. Call Waiting is not available on extensions which are Hunt Group members on System X. Divert on Busy or Basic Divert will override the Call Waiting Facility. Conversely, Call Waiting cannot be invoked on an extension with Divert on Busy or Basic Divert active.
21. (X only) Call Diversion and Hunt Group Do Not Disturb no longer provide interrupted dial tone
To prevent customer confusion, intermittent (interrupted) dial tone is no longer used to indicate an active Call Diversion or Do Not Disturb once Call Minder is provided on System X FeatureLines. This is because Call Minder uses intermittent dial tone to indicate new messages. The customer should therefore use the appropriate check or interrogation codes to verify operational status of these features as follows:
- To check diversion on non Hunt Group lines use *#001#
- To check diversion on a Hunt Group use *#003#
- To check Do Not Disturb on a line within a Hunt Group use *#261#