Put simply they control where your domain sends information and visitors. This includes directing customers to your website or ensuring that emails sent to your domain reach your inbox. If all your services are with us we'll usually do all the domain configuration automatically.
How to change your DNS records
- Sign in to Manage services.
- In the Domains section, click on the Manage your domain names link. The BT Domains Centre opens with the Domain Maintenance page showing a list of your domain names.
- Click on Manage next to domain name you wish to change.
- From the left select Advanced domain manager.
- You can now add or modify your DNS Records.
- If you change any records keep a note of what they were in case you need to change them back. Taking screenshots can be quite good for this.
Some DNS Records may be greyed out. If this is the case you may need to contact us to make the change for you.