To transfer calls with the BT pre-configured IP phone:
- Answer the call and inform the caller that you are transferring them. Press the Transfer button.
- You hear a dial tone. Dial the fixed line, mobile or short code number of the person you want to transfer the call to.
- If you want to transfer the call without speaking to the person you are transferring the call to (a ‘blind’ transfer), press the Transfer button again and hang up.
If you want to speak to the person that you are transferring the call to:
- Wait until the call connects and speak to the person that you are transferring the call to.
- When you want to proceed with the transfer, press the Transfer button. This cuts you out and the other two parties can speak to each other.
On the screen of your phone, the called party number and the word HOLD are displayed. On the soft buttons underneath, UnHold and NewCall are displayed. Ignore these and hang up. The phone bleeps and presents a new range of options.
- Press the EndCall button.