This page covers setting up Port forwarding on our BT Business Hub 2701HGV-C or 2700HGV router (right).
To set up port forwarding:
- Ensure that the BT Business Hub 2701HGV-C or 2700HGV router is connected.
- Open your internet browser and type in http://home or http://192.168.1.254, press Enter.
- Select the Firewall icon.
- Click on the Allow Applications, Pinholes and DMZ link to display the Firewall Settings page.
- Select the computer from the list to which port forwarding will be applied.
- If you want to open specific ports defined by application rules, select Allow individual application(s).
- If you want open all ports for the selected computer, select Allow all applications (DMZplus mode) and go to step 10.
- On Filter Applications by: make sure that All applications is selected.
- From the list of application rules, highlight the name of each application rule which specifies the port that you want to open and click on the
- For example, the SMTP server opens port 25.
- The names of the application rules selected are displayed in the Hosted Applications list.
- If you have accidentally moved an application rule into the Hosted Applications list, highlight the rule and click on the Remove button to move it back into the list of application rules.
- Press Save.
If you can't find the application or port you want to open in the existing list you can add them as a new application rule.
To add a new application rule:
- Click on the Add a new user-defined application link to display the Edit Application page.
- In the Application Name field, enter a name for the application rule.
UDP, depending on which protocol you want to use.
- If you are unsure which protocol to use, add a new application rule for each protocol.
- In the
To fields, enter the range of ports that you want to open.
- If you only want to open one port, enter the same number in both fields.
- The remaining fields can be left blank. Click on the Add Definition button to return to the Edit Firewall Settings page.
- When you add a new application rule, the Edit Firewall Settings page is reset to its defaults and you will need to repeat steps 6 to 9. The new application rule is displayed at the top of the list of application rules.
- Click Done.
- The specified ports are opened.
- To view which ports are open, click on the Firewall tab to display the Status page.
You can open all ports for a specific computer and/or selected ports based on application rules on the BT Business Hub 2701HGV-C or 2700HGV. The Ethernet LAN ports are 10/100 full duplex. The VoIP ports are also full duplex.