We’re withdrawing our Broadband Voice and Hosted VoIP services from 1st December 2017, but we’ve still got plenty of cloud-based business phone systems to choose from.
If you are running a firewall, it may be preventing your BT IP phone from connecting to the server.
If you are using a third party router, you need to check with the manufacturer as to how to disable the firewall.
If you are using the BT Business Hub, do the following:
- Ensure that the BT Business Hub is connected.
- Do one of the following:
- Run Hub Manager from your desktop.
- Open a browser. In the address bar, enter the IP address of the BT Business Hub and click on the
Go button or press the
Note: If you are unsure of the IP address of the BT Business Hub, try http://home or http://gateway.2wire.net.
- Click on the Local Network tab.
- Select the IP address of the BT IP phone.
Note: If you are unsure of the IP address of your BT IP phone, hold down the Menu button on your IP phone to display the address.
- Click on View Internet Access Control.
- Click on Internet Access Restriction.
- Uncheck the Enable box.
- Click on the Save button.
- Reset your IP phone. Once it has restarted and provisioned, your service should work normally.