First, we need to find out which type of voicemail is available on your account:
- Lift your IP phone handset and dial 1571
- If you hear the message below, click here to follow the instructions for your set-up
‘The number you have dialled is not in service. Please check the number and try your call again. Thank you.’
- If you don't hear the message above, follow the instructions below -
What does Cloud Voice voicemail do?
Your incoming calls will divert to voicemail if you're busy, if there's no answer from your extension, or if you've set up ‘Call Forwarding No-Answer’ on your system.
If you can't take the call, your caller will hear-
- A standard greeting message, or
- A personal greeting, which you can record
You can set all calls to divert to voicemail; you can choose just to send calls to voicemail when you're on the phone; and you can set all calls to divert when you're out or don't answer.
The person leaving you a message can review the message and erase it, record it again, or deposit it in your mailbox.
The message is stored as an MP3 file which can be automatically sent to yourself (or whoever you choose) on an email whenever you get a new voice message. You can listen to the MP3 files in these email messages using standard PC audio software (you can also save or forward them).
Your mailbox can store up to 30 messages.
You'll know when you've got a new message because you'll hear a broken dial tone (or if you've got a snazzy phone, you'll see a ‘message waiting’ indicator).
You can retrieve voicemail messages using your IP Phone, or via Toolbar, or via the Business Portal.
If you want to retrieve messages from your IP device, just dial 1571 and follow the prompts.
How do I set up my voicemail?
- Login to the BT Cloud Voice portal
- Select ‘Employee’ menu and the relevant user
- Select ’Features’
- Select ‘Messaging’
- Select ‘Voicemail’ (some users may see Voice Messaging)
- Click the ‘Configure’ button
- Check ‘Turn On Voicemail’ or ‘ Voice Messaging’
- Click ‘Save’
What other options do I have at my disposal?
Within the ‘Configure’ option, you can:
- Choose how and when to direct your calls to voicemail
- Configure an email address or addresses to send the recording to